Top 20 things to do
Turin has been our new city & second home for 5 years now.
Elegant & sophisticated, we have learnt to know and appreciate it during our walks in its classy squares, green parks, looking at the lovely courtyards of old buildings in the city center and the view from the top with the Alps on the background.
This is our own list of all the things you should do at least once in this beautiful city, all the best this ‘little Paris’ can offer.
1. Have lunch in a 'piola', usually a small and casual eatery where you can taste Piedmont traditional cuisine with low budget
2. Make yourselves comfortable in the aptly named “lounge” of Turin, San Carlo square (our favourite one)
3. Visit the Egyptian Museum, the best museum of Egyptology after Cairo
4. Drink the traditional chocolate Bicerin @ Al Bicerin bar
5. Visit and take pics of the Mole Antonelliana & its National Museum of Cinema inside
6. Look up at the Palazzo Carignano profile designed in the sky
7. Taste the sublime patite patisserie @ Farmacia del Cambio
8. Walk by Po river along Murazzi riverside
9. Getting lost @ Balon Market looking for vintage & antiques treasures
10. Have a walk around the Parco del Valentino, looking at the Castle & Medieval Village
11. Have some shopping under the arcades of Via Roma
12. Look the city from the top of Monte dei Cappuccini
13. Visit the MAO (Oriental Art Museum)
15. Look at the Gran Madre Church from Vittorio Veneto square
16. Watch a show at the Teatro Regio
17. Have dinner or aperitivo on a tram around the city
18. Feeling like being in Paris @ Galleria Sabauda
19. Have an aperitivo @ Caffè Gerla
20. Visit Turin’s Royal Palace and Gardens in Piazza Castello